Disney Musicals in Schools
Disney Musicals in Schools is a free after-school program offered to a limited number of Title I schools each year. Through the 17 week program, elementary schools receive free performance rights and ShowKit materials to a 30-minute Disney musical written for up to 50 students. Three to four teachers per school must commit to participating in the program and will receive a stipend upon completion.
Over the course of a semester, professional Teaching Artists guide teachers through the process of mounting a musical at their school. The goal is to provide the training necessary for teachers and schools to be able to continue a theatre program for years to come. In May 2023, the four DMIS schools are invited to perform on the ASU Gammage stage in the Student Share Celebration.
- July 15, 2022 — Applications open
- September 15, 2022 — Applications close
- September 19–30, 2022 — School site visits
- October 5, 2022 — All applicants notified of status
- November 17 2022 — School orientation and training at ASU Tempe Campus (3 hours)
- November 2022–April 2023 — Disney Musicals in Schools residencies (17 weeks)
- April 21–30, 2023 — School performances
- May 2, 2023 — Student Share Celebration at ASU Gammage
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about our K-12 educational opportunities, please join our education email list here.
Disney Musicals in Schools is sponsored by the Abbett Family Foundation.